- 2022 Posts
+ 2021 Posts
- COVID-19 Vaccine & Booster Information
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Required to Enter NSSC Buildings
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Featured in Chicago Caregiving Magazine
- Treasures Await at The Shop's Clearance Sale
- "Indulge Your Holiday Guests with Local Treats!"
- Navigating the Holidays with a Family Member Living with Dementia
- NSSC Awarded Top Workplace Second Year in a Row
- "Treat Yourself to a Life-Changing Home Appliance"
- Just Start Walking
- Executive Director: Gala Postponed until Spring 2022
- Putting Your Right Shoe Forward
- Caregiver Specialists: Your Personal Guide Along Care Journey Path
- Executive Director: Face Coverings Required Starting August 2
- Why it's Important to Have a Will
- How to Get Started Refreshing Your Home
- "Senior Scams" featured in Caregiving magazine
- Executive Director: What you can expect at NSSC starting Jun 14
- The Shop at the Center: The North Shore's Best Kept Secret
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- Medicare and COVID-19
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Something to Think About
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
Executive Director: Gala Postponed until Spring 2022August 31, 2021
Dear Friends & Supporters,
In light of what is happening with the Delta variant, we have decided to postpone our annual Gala until Spring 2022. As Albert Einstein said, “in difficulty lies opportunity.” This will give us the opportunity to safely celebrate NSSC’s 65th anniversary with all the pomp and revelry it deserves.
We are pleased to have secured one of the few available spring dates at Ravinia:
Saturday, May 7, 2022, so please mark your calendars! We can’t wait to commemorate our 65th milestone with a bigger and better party and hope you will join us. Please watch for more information in the New Year.
As our community is always at the top of my mind, please take care as we move into the cooler months ahead. If you have not yet gotten vaccinated against COVID, I encourage you to do so for your health and for the health of those around you. In addition, we are hosting our annual Flu Shot Clinic September 30 and October 1. Look for more information in the next few weeks.
Tish Rudnicki, MSW