- 2021 Posts
- Executive Director: What you can expect at NSSC starting Jun 14
- The Shop at the Center: The North Shore's Best Kept Secret
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- Medicare and COVID-19
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- Something to Think About
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive DirectorMay 14, 2021
Dear Friends & Supporters,
It’s Bridge Day! Today’s long-awaited transition brings us one step closer to Phase 5 of Restore Illinois, the metrics-based plan to reopen our state. The Bridge Phase allows for higher capacity limits and increased business operations before completely lifting all mitigations and moving to the new normal Phase 5 will bring.
What does this mean for NSSC?
Effective Monday, May 17, we will increase capacities in our buildings following state and CDC guidelines. There will be no screening or temperature checks upon entry; however, at this time, face coverings will continue to be required inside our buildings. We will be offering more in-person classes and programs and will reopen the Library on June 1.
Your experience at NSSC
The Center is starting to look normal again with additional seating in all spaces and more visitors. Careful sanitization will continue with frequent cleaning of restrooms, commonly touched surfaces and high-traffic areas. We have also invested in a new air filtration system that uses ultra-violet lights and transitioned to higher efficiency filters to ensure delivery of cleaner air. You may notice cooler temperatures so bring layers while visiting.
House of Welcome (HOW) Adult Day Services is undergoing updates and will reopen its Day Program in early July. I invite you to complete this survey so we can better understand the types of supports and services needed by caregivers of people living with dementia.
If you still need to get vaccinated, visit our COVID-19 vaccination information webpage for a full list of resources and locations.
As always, please reach out if you have questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Tish Rudnicki, MSW