- 2021 Posts
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
2021 New Year Message from Executive DirectorJanuary 01, 2021
Dear Friends & Supporters,
Reflecting on 2020 with all its uncertainty and challenges, I’m filled with gratitude for each of you. Whether you gave your time, your dollars, your words of advice or your letters of support, you are a fundamental part of our work and our hope for the future. I’m grateful to those of you who trusted us to make the right (and sometimes difficult) decisions during the past year. We’ve made it through one of the most trying years of our lifetimes and we did it together.
2021 brings a new year with new possibilities. The COVID-19 vaccine is in our not-so-distant future so we can begin to think about in-person programs and face-to-face contact. As we plan for the coming months, we will continue to take extra precautions as we navigate our way to a “new” normal.
As we go through the rest of the winter, I encourage you to continue checking in with family and friends, especially those who live alone or those who are caregivers. Call us anytime we can assist with someone who needs support: 847.784.6000.
Here’s to a new year filled with hope and all sorts of possibilities!
Tish Rudnicki, MSW