- 2020 Posts
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
Initial Plans to Re-Open CenterMay 28, 2020
Dear Friends & Supporters,
North Shore Senior Center is committed to operating in accordance with Governor Pritzker’s “Restore Illinois” plan set to begin Friday, May 29. The Center’s leadership is preparing for staff to return to work in staggered shifts and in limited numbers in mid-June. We are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of all staff members, including health screening questions, no-contact temperature checks before entering our buildings, requiring face coverings and social distancing. Initially, and likely through the next few months, most staff will continue to work remotely.
Facilities staff is working meticulously to ensure our buildings are safe and sanitary. All surfaces, equipment, floors and restrooms have undergone deep cleaning and sanitization. Plexiglass barriers are being installed in high-traffic areas, and work spaces are being reconfigured to support social distancing.
We continue to make strides in preparing the Center to re-open to the public in July. When we do open, things will look a bit different than they did before the pandemic. Spaces will be rearranged and maximum capacities will apply to all Center locations. Activities will be scheduled with staggered start times to limit the number of people in our buildings and in a given space. Additional details about re-opening will be shared soon.
I cannot wait for the day that we can welcome you back! Until then, we will continue to prepare by taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our staff, members and guests in anticipation of gathering again.
Tish Rudnicki, MSW