- 2021 Posts
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Medicare and COVID-19
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Something to Think About
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
April 30 Message from the Executive DirectorApril 30, 2020
Dear Friends & Supporters,
“Acknowledging the good you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” I can’t think of a time when author Eckhart Tolle’s words rang more true. On behalf of all of us at the Center, I’d like to thank you for your support of our virtual classes and dementia programming. We are also grateful for your kind notes and words of encouragement. These are the good things we hang on to; your words inspire us.
This is the time of year when we mail our spring appeal. By now, many of you have received the bright orange envelope in your mailbox. While, as a nonprofit, we face financial obstacles every year, this year is different than any other. Since the Center’s closure on March 12, we’ve lost the revenue we count on through Lifelong Learning classes and activities, House of Welcome Adult Day Services, Senior Options and sponsorships. However, thus far, we’ve continued offering these programs free of charge because it serves our community.
Despite the challenges COVID-19 continues to present, we continue to fulfill our mission of serving the more than 20,000 seniors throughout Cook and Lake counties who still need our help: older adults who face daily isolation, who need meals or help with tasks many of us take for granted, and those whose lives are affected by neglect or abuse.
You can help us today by giving unselfishly. Your generosity today ensures that we can continue providing care and support to those who count on us tomorrow and in the future. Please consider making a gift through our secure website or by mailing a check to:
North Shore Senior Center
161 Northfield Road
Northfield, IL 60093
Thank you, in advance, for your consideration. And, remember, we are here for you and your family when and if you need us.
Stay well and stay positive,
Tish Rudnicki, MSW
P.S. This coming Tuesday, May 5, marks the inaugural #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving established as an emergency response to the unrivaled need caused by COVID-19. Please consider showing your support to the Center on May 5 by making a donation. If you are willing to offer a matching gift, we would be grateful.