- 2021 Posts
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online ClassesMarch 26, 2020
A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community:
I hope this finds you at home and healthy! Our doors may be temporarily closed, but our staff is busy at work staying connected to our program participants, caregivers, members and stakeholders via phone calls and a variety of web-based platforms. Assessments are being completed, services are being arranged, counseling sessions continue and support groups are running as we all learn to adjust to this “new normal.” All of us at North Shore Senior Center remain committed to providing care and solving problems in the new, creative ways that this crisis demands. If you or someone you know needs help, please don’t hesitate to call us at 847.784.6000.
Please check our website regularly for updates and news. We will post an update every Thursday unless the situation requires communicating information more often.
We are delighted to bring a selection of the Center’s Lifelong Learning classes to you online in the safety of your home and free of charge. Please click the "Online Lifelong Learning Classes" button above for the listing of upcoming classes and registration information. I hope you’ll join us!
Stay home, stay strong and stay positive!
Tish Rudnicki, MSW