- 2021 Posts
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Medicare and COVID-19
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Something to Think About
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
This page is updated regularly with the latest resources and information on the COVID-19 vaccine. Ap...+ More
Easing Your Way Back to Normal
Answers to Frequently Asked Questionsby Alan BlitzAs vaccination numbers continue to grow and pandem...+ More
Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
by Caregiver Specialist Heather ResnickOne of the most consistent concerns I hear in my conversation...+ More
Medicare and COVID-19
by Melissa Versch, LCSW, Senior & Family Services Clinical SupervisorMedicare beneficiaries are amon...+ More
A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
by Terri McHugh, LCSWChanges in seasons can signal changes in our behaviors and moods. People might ...+ More
New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
by Laurie Kaplan, Partner, MichaelSilverOn December 27, 2020, President Trump signed the Coronavirus...+ More