Support Our Year End Appeal
Since 1956, North Shore Senior Center has been the place on Chicago's North Shore for older people to socialize, volunteer and learn, as well as find assistance when they need it. They rely on us to bridge the gap between them and the services they need to live a dignified life. We rely on donors to help sustain our mission.
Gregory and Linda reached out to NSSC after Linda took a fall that left her with a broken wrist and missing teeth. Here is their journey with North Shore Senior Center and the many ways we helped this family:
- A Care Coordinator arranged for homemaker services and emergency home response services, a 24-hour communication link to assistance with a touch of a button.
- An Older Adults Benefits Specialist helped Gregory and Linda apply for Medicaid and food stamps.
- A Senior Services Coordinator arranged for the couple to receive healthy meal delivery every two weeks.
- A Caregiver Specialist provided gap-filling funds to help pay the couple’s rent and Linda’s dental bills.
- The Director of Senior & Family Services arranged for a specialized walker to be delivered to the home so Linda could get around safely while she recovered.
Your support today will help us continue providing services tomorrow and in the future.
Donate your own amount using the button below!
This video highlights our response to COVID-19 and the vulnerable population we serve.
North Shore Senior Center Videos
Click here to learn more about the breadth of our programs and services, and how we can be a resource for older adults and their families through our older adults benefits program, support groups, caregiver support, specialized memory loss programs, and clubs and classes.