Dementia Education Series with Teepa Snow
Professionals and community members are invited to learn the latest on supporting people with memory loss as well as creative tips for the caregiver from leading dementia educator Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, of the Positive Approach to Care. These virtual events are free and open to the public. Professionals can earn 1.5 continuing education units per event.
Participants may register for one or both events. Registration is required. Zoom links and evaluation forms will be emailed to registered participants 24 hours before each event.
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
3:30 - 5 p.m.
- recognize and appreciate the role of a caregiver
- understand what is needed for them to maintain the role of a caregiver
- become aware of the importance a caregiver's attitude and behavior play in determining the reactions and behaviors of the person he/she is caring for
- learn techniques for stress reduction for caregivers
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
3:30 - 5 p.m.
- be encouraged to learn more about themselves and those living with dementia to promote positive interactions
- explore personality traits, environmental and activity preferences, planning and organizational needs and desires, stress indicators and routines
- learn verbal and nonverbal techniques to improve daily interactions with those living with dementia
For professionals seeking continuing education units, a complete evaluation will need to be submitted after the webinar in order to receive a certificate. North Shore Senior Center is approved by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers. (License # 159-000837).