- 2020 Posts
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
Opening Day Slated for July 6!July 01, 2020
Hello Friends & Supporters,
It is with eager anticipation that I'm looking forward to Monday, July 6 - the day we will carefully open the Center doors to small clubs and regular groups. We have worked diligently during the last few months (a special shout out of gratitude to our Facilities Team of Al Davis & Sal Carbone!) to ready our facilities for your return.
As I've shared before, things will look different: temperature checks and health screenings occur as you enter the building, face coverings are required and spaces have been adjusted to ensure physical distancing. Initially, only those who are registered for a program may enter the facilities. The House of Welcome has undergone deep cleaning and sanitization and will continue to follow those same protocols. Staff are preparing for a scaled back Mind Matters group to begin within the next few weeks, and virtual programming will continue as an advisory committee studies how best to reconvene the Day Program on-site. Senior & Family Services, Adult Protective Services and Senior Options continue their important work telephonically, while discussions are ongoing at the state level about safely returning to in-person visits in the community. We'll keep you informed as these plans develop and unfold.
In the coming weeks and through the summer we will likely return to visiting, add more programs, and open the Fitness Center and the Café. We will do this with the top priority being the health and safety of participants, members, volunteers and staff. While my hope is that we continue moving forward, I'm also realistic and am prepared to pause along the way; all of our plans remain subject to change based on the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Department on Aging.
It's clear that like many things, the pandemic is a marathon and not a sprint; please continue to check on your friends and neighbors, stay strong and stay positive!
Tish Rudnicki, MSW