- 2021 Posts
- "Indulge Your Holiday Guests with Local Treats!"
- Navigating the Holidays with a Family Member Living with Dementia
- NSSC Awarded Top Workplace Second Year in a Row
- "Treat Yourself to a Life-Changing Home Appliance"
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Just Start Walking
- Executive Director: Gala Postponed until Spring 2022
- Caregiver Specialists: Your Personal Guide Along Care Journey Path
- Putting Your Right Shoe Forward
- Executive Director: Face Coverings Required Starting August 2
- How to Get Started Refreshing Your Home
- Why it's Important to Have a Will
- "Senior Scams" featured in Caregiving magazine
- Executive Director: What you can expect at NSSC starting Jun 14
- The Shop at the Center: The North Shore's Best Kept Secret
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- Medicare and COVID-19
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Something to Think About
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
NSSC Awarded Top Workplace Second Year in a RowNovember 19, 2021
North Shore Senior Center was recognized as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune for the second year in a row. This national award is given to companies who foster an encouraging environment, and consistently prioritize their employees’ wellness and satisfaction.
“It was such an honor to win the Top Workplace award in the first place,” said Tish Rudnicki, executive director of North Shore Senior Center. “But to get nominated for a second year shows that we’re continuing to serve our employees well as we further our mission in the community.”
Headquartered in Northfield, North Shore Senior Center (NSSC) is a nationally accredited 501(c)(3) organization that serves older adults from the most independent to those needing more support. NSSC serves and engages more than 24,000 older adults and their families each year throughout Chicago’s northern suburbs. NSSC offers a comprehensive suite of services including a wide array of social services, specialized care for people living with dementia, counseling, money management, educational and wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
The Top Workplace awards are determined exclusively based on employee opinions reflected in a survey conducted by Energage, an employee engagement survey company. For the second year in a row, longtime employee Barbara Bonier nominated NSSC.
“I applied last year somewhat impulsively,” said Barbara. “But NSSC continues to be the most welcoming, passionate, and family-like environment that I’ve ever worked in. It seemed obvious to nominate us again.”
Though North Shore Senior Center has had to make a variety of adjustments since the pandemic, the organization never wavered in its commitment to deliver high quality programs and services to older adults and their families.
“It speaks volumes to our staff and their ability to adapt so quickly and fluidly to everything that came our way,” said Tish. “It’s inspiring to know we have such a strong team guiding us and our mission. Employees like ours are vital for such a successful organization.”
Click here to see a complete list of Chicago Top Workplaces.