- 2021 Posts
- Putting Your Right Shoe Forward
- Caregiver Specialists: Your Personal Guide Along Care Journey Path
- Executive Director: Gala Postponed until Spring 2022
- Executive Director: Face Coverings Required Starting August 2
- How to Get Started Refreshing Your Home
- Why it's Important to Have a Will
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- "Senior Scams" featured in Caregiving magazine
- Executive Director: What you can expect at NSSC starting Jun 14
- The Shop at the Center: The North Shore's Best Kept Secret
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- Medicare and COVID-19
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Something to Think About
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
NSSC Awarded Chicago Top WorkplaceOctober 30, 2020
North Shore Senior Center was recognized as a Top Workplace at the Chicago Tribune's 11th Annual Top Workplace virtual event on October 29, 2020. NSSC joins the ranks of Chicago's most dynamic and supporting companies that create cultures where employees feel engaged, appreciated and fulfilled.
Nominated by staff member Barbara Bonier, the Top Workplace awards are based solely on employee opinions gathered through a survey conducted by Energage, an employee engagement survey company.
“The Top Workplace recognition is very meaningful to our organization because it wasn’t something that leadership sought out or applied for, but something we were pleasantly surprised to be nominated for by a staff member," said Associate Director of Human Resources Meredith Wach.
The survey came at a time when NSSC was in the process of carefully re-opening its doors to the public, with a majority of staff still working remotely. “I think our connectedness and appreciation for one another came through in the survey. It feels like recognition that we truly earned, because we care about our staff and their work experiences during a time when the way we work has to rapidly adapt,” Meredith said. “I recently heard another staff member describe North Shore Senior Center as not just a place where they work, but as their family, and it’s sentiments like that that make me so proud to be part of this organization.”
Barbara commented that when she saw the Top Workplaces call for nominations in the Chicago Tribune, she applied for it on a whim. “To me, North Shore Senior Center is the best place I have ever worked. The staff is first-rate and they are the nicest people you will ever meet. We genuinely care about our mission."
According to Executive Director Tish Rudnicki, North Shore Senior Center’s most valuable assets are its employees. “This recognition belongs to each of them for their commitment to the organization’s mission, their belief in the work and in each other. It is a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of this amazing team,” she said.
The Top Workplaces announcement and complete listing of awardees ran in a special magazine included in the October 30, 2020 Chicago Tribune newspaper. Click here to see a complete list of Chicago Top Workplaces.