- 2020 Posts
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
May 7 Update from the Executive DirectorMay 07, 2020
Dear Friends & Supporters,
Eight weeks ago today North Shore Senior Center closed its doors to members, participants and guests; a week later our staff began to work from their homes. We navigated the challenges of providing programs and services remotely which was something the Center had never done. The COVID-19 pandemic, quite effectively, changed everything. Today, however, we’re looking to the future and how things will look for the Center and its community in the coming weeks and months.
We have chosen to create innovative programming that works within the parameters of the “phases” laid out in Governor Pritzker’s “Restore Illinois”, a public health approach to safely reopen our state. We will continue to serve those who need us using technology and to plan for the reopening of all of our sites with the health and safety of members, guests, participants, volunteers and staff at the forefront. This is the focus of our work.
On a personal note, my gratitude knows no bounds for the commitment of staff, the kind words of participants and members, the unwavering generosity of sponsors and all who have given through our Spring Appeal, Giving Tuesday Now, or just because it felt right. Your support sustains us.
We will get through this. It may take longer than we hope, yet we will welcome you back to all of our locations as soon as it’s safe to do so. I long for that day.
In the meantime, if you haven’t yet participated in a virtual Lifelong Learning class, I encourage you to try one! And don’t forget that if you need anything, we are one phone call away: 847.784.6000.
Thank you for your trust in us,
Tish Rudnicki, MSW
P.S. House of Welcome Adult Day Services' virtual dementia programming is now available to the public with programs running three times a day, Monday through Friday. To learn how you can participate, call 847.242.6250 or email HOW@nssc.org. Please help us spread the news!