- 2021 Posts
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- Medicare and COVID-19
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Something to Think About
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
June 15 Update on Center ReopeningJune 15, 2020
Dear Friends & Supporters,
I am delighted to announce that starting Monday, July 6, we will begin offering a limited number of onsite Lifelong Learning programs and activities to complement the many classes that will continue online.
We are ecstatic to welcome you back to the Center and want you to know ahead of time that things will be a little different than you remember. Because your health and the health of our staff are of upmost importance, programs and activities will be limited to a maximum of 10 people in a room. Advanced registration will be required, and walk-ins will not be permitted in this initial phase of re-opening. Guests will be screened at the south entrance, and face coverings will be required at all times while inside the building. Spaces have been reconfigured to allow physical distancing and other building preparations will continue as we plan for this soft re-opening. We will make modifications as needed to comply with Governor Pritzker's Restore Illinois plan.
All other programs through Senior & Family Services, House of Welcome Adult Day Services and Senior Options will operate virtually until further notice. We will continue to rely on the Centers for Disease Control, the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Department on Aging for guidance on when in-person visits and gatherings with those we serve through these programs can resume.
My hope is that this is just step one in a graduated approach to restarting our programs and services in person, but please know that the situation is fluid and we may need to make adjustments to our plans. Watch for more detailed information in the July e-newsletter.
Registration for July-August onsite Lifelong Learning programming will begin Monday, June 29 at 9 a.m. and can be done over the phone by calling 847.784.6030 or online.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Tish Rudnicki, MSW