- 2021 Posts
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- Medicare and COVID-19
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Something to Think About
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
Join us for Gala 2020: UnmaskedSeptember 01, 2020
Friends & Supporters,
This time of year North Shore Senior Center (NSSC) is usually buzzing with LIHEAP and SHIP appointments, members filing in for fall classes and excitement brewing for the annual benefit. This all continues in earnest, but like most things, this year it all looks very different. What remains the same is our commitment to continue to serve and to do so with the passion and energy our members and program participants deserve and expect.
This year, we have the opportunity to host our inaugural virtual benefit: Gala 2020—Unmasked! For the first time ever, the event is free to attend, and I hope that you’ll join us (and invite your family and friends to do so!) on Sunday, October 4 at 7 p.m. The live broadcast will offer a jam-packed hour of entertainment, compelling stories, and opportunities to bid on premium auction items—all in support of NSSC.
These extraordinary times have challenged us to reimagine and to reinvent much of what we do, and to be more strategic and thoughtful in operations and service delivery. We are committed to continue providing the level of service and care our communities have come to rely on the past 64 years; I humbly ask that you commit your support by tuning in on October 4 from the safety and comfort of your home. The future is unpredictable, but with your support today we can continue our important, much needed work tomorrow.
Look for an invitation with registration details in your inbox soon. We look forward to your virtual attendance on October 4 and, with luck, in person next fall at Ravinia for Gala 2021!
Tish Rudnicki, MSW