- 2021 Posts
- Executive Director: What you can expect at NSSC starting Jun 14
- The Shop at the Center: The North Shore's Best Kept Secret
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- Medicare and COVID-19
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- Something to Think About
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
Executive Director: What you can expect at NSSC starting Jun 14June 03, 2021
Dear Friends & Supporters,
I hope you are enjoying seeing family and friends and some of the newfound freedom that the Bridge Phase brings.
According to Gov. Pritzker, “barring any significant reversals in our key COVID-19 statewide indicators,” the State of Illinois is set to fully reopen and enter Phase 5 on June 11. NSSC has followed CDC guidelines throughout the pandemic and will continue to abide by its science. If the state enters Phase 5 on June 11 as predicted, fully vaccinated individuals will no longer be required to wear face coverings while visiting NSSC locations beginning Monday, June 14. Those who have not been vaccinated or are not fully vaccinated are expected to wear face coverings inside our buildings.
In other good news, I am elated to share that June 29 marks North Shore Senior Center’s 65th anniversary of serving older adults and the community. We will commemorate this achievement by weaving the anniversary into our events, annual report and other opportunities that arise during the course of the 2021 fiscal year.
We take pride in serving you for 65 years and look forward to continued partnerships and success and to serving our community for many years to come.
Tish Rudnicki, MSW