- 2021 Posts
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- "Senior Scams" featured in Caregiving magazine
- Executive Director: What you can expect at NSSC starting Jun 14
- The Shop at the Center: The North Shore's Best Kept Secret
- Bridge Phase Update: A Message from the Executive Director
- Do’s and Don’ts as You Re-Enter Stores
- Easing Their Way Back: How NSSC members are slowly returning to pre-pandemic normalcy
- Easing Your Way Back to Normal
- Ways Caregivers Can Strengthen Connections & Reduce Loneliness
- Medicare and COVID-19
- A Change in Seasons Can Bring a Change in Moods
- New Act Provides Relief for Pandemic Weary Individuals
- Do I Hear an Echo? Smart Home Devices Can Make Life Safer and Easier
- Something to Think About
- "Senior Financial Abuse" as featured in Caregiving Magazine
- Annual Report - FY20
- "The U-Shaped Happiness Curve"
- "Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Are You Ready to Share Your Life Story?"
- 2021 New Year Message from Executive Director
+ 2020 Posts
- "Maximize Your Personal Connections and Minimize the Holiday Blues"
- "Resilience & Aging"
- Self-Care Tips for the Family Caregiver
- Sharing Gratitude During Thanksgiving from Our Executive Director
- NSSC Awarded Chicago Top Workplace
- 'Exercise’ Your Commitment to Stay Fit During Pandemic
- How the End of Daylight Saving Time Affects People with Dementia
- Lifelong Learning Virtual Experience: The Next Best Thing to Being at the Center
- Join us for Gala 2020: Unmasked
- Permission Granted: Time to Host the Perfectly Imperfect Wedding
- North Shore Senior Center Featured in Caregiving Magazine!
- What Does 'Medicare for All' Mean?
- Opening Day Slated for July 6!
- North Shore Senior Center Keeps Older Adults And Their Families Connected
- June 15 Update on Center Reopening
- An Open Letter from the Executive Director
- Initial Plans to Re-Open Center
- HSS & Sewa International Donate Masks to NSSC
- May 14 Update from the Executive Director
- The CARES Act Brings Many Changes for Individuals and Businesses
- May 7 Update from the Executive Director
- April 30 Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating our Volunteers and Senior & Family Services: A Message from the Executive Director
- Celebrating Our Successes: A Message from the Executive Director
- Message from the Executive Director on HOW Programs
- Winnetka Talk: North Shore senior centers turn to technology to connect and entertain
- Message from the Executive Director
- An Update from our Executive Director & Free Online Classes
- A Note to the North Shore Senior Center Community
COVID-19 Vaccine InformationJuly 07, 2021
This page is updated regularly with the latest resources and information on the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments go quickly—please check back frequently.
To be eligible for this program you must live in in the jurisdiction of Cook County Department of Public Health (all suburban Cook County except for Chicago, Skokie, Evanston, Oak Park and Stickney) and meet these criteria. If you or someone you know fits the criteria, you can sign up online or by calling the Vaccine Sign-Up Hotline: 833.308.1988 Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
In-Home Vaccinations through Mobile Care Chicago
For older adults who are homebound and their caregivers
For a referral, call NSSC Intake: 847.784.6040
Cook County Residents:
Vaccine Appointment Hotline: 833.308.1988
Lake County Residents:
In-Home COVID-19 Vaccination Contact Form for Homebound Evanston Adults 65+: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TFXWDFK
Illinois COVID-19 Hotline: 800.889.3931
State of Illinois Vaccine Locations:
Illinois Department of Public Health:
Illinois Department on Aging:
COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Older Adults
Beware of COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
We have received several phone calls from North Shore residents who have paid or wish to pay to get on NSSC’s waiting list for the vaccine. Please note NSSC has no such waiting list, and no one should pay to get on a list to get the vaccine or pay for the vaccine itself. If NSSC becomes a vaccine site, we will communicate to the public through e-blasts such as this, our website and our social media channels.
It's a scam if:
- You are asked to pay to put your name on a vaccine waiting list
- You are asked to pay to get the vaccine
If you believe you are the victim of COVID-19 fraud, immediately report it to: