"Let's Talk: An Intergenerational Dialogue Exploring Gender & Sexuality" (registration required)
Presented by Moises Villada, Assistant Program Director, University of Illinois-Chicago, Gender and Sexuality Center
Tuesday, February 25
3:30 - 5 p.m.
North Shore Senior Center
161 Northfield Rd., Northfield
FREE and open to the community and professionals
1.5 CEUs available to social services professionals for $10
All participants will get answers to the questions:
- What is all this talk about preferred pronouns and using "they" as singular?
- Why are LGBTQ youth and elders at high risk for loneliness?
- Can someone help me understand why concepts I thought I knew seem to have gotten so complicated?
Objectives for professionals obtaining CEUs:
- Gain a foundational vocabulary and language for understanding gender identity and expression in 2020
- Achieve an increased awareness of systemic issues impacting the lives of people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer
- Develop an understanding of how to navigate their allyship journey to increase inclusivity