Senior & Family Services
North Shore Senior Center is proud to foster the independence and well-being of older adults—and we’re good at what we do. What’s important to seniors and their families—regardless of ability to pay—is of utmost importance to us.
Please call us at 847.784.6040, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. if you would like to learn more about:
- Alzheimer’s Disease/Early Memory Loss Programs
- General Information & Assistance
- Escorted Transportation Services
- CareOptions Care Management Services
- Home Delivered Meals
- Income Tax Assistance
- In-Home Help (for example, Community Care Program, Chore Housekeeping)
- Lending Closet for Durable Medical Equipment
- Medicare Information & Assistance
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Support Groups for Hearing Loss, Low Vision, and Parkinson’s Disease
You are also welcome to email us at SeniorServices@nssc.org with general inquiries about our services. (If your inquiry is urgent, please call us during regular business hours so that we may better assist you.)
North Shore Senior Center has received CARF certification for Community Services Coordination, Respite Services, Adult Day Services, and Dementia Specialty Care.
Our staff members are professionally trained in the fields of social work and counseling. They are passionate about serving seniors and will hold your conversations in strict confidence.
In fiscal year 2015-2016:
- We serviced 23,694 unduplicated people and provided them with 84,856 hours of service.
- 6,362 individuals received services through the Community Care Program, which helps our most vulnerable seniors—those with low—income or those living at the poverty level.
- 96 percent of Community Care Program clients were satisfied with the services provided.
- 363 individuals were impacted through our Adult Protective Services program who investigated over 240 cases of abuse, neglect and exploitation cases.
- 9,047 seniors received services through our Choices for Care program, which educates seniors about their options upon discharge from a hospital.
- Volunteers spent 7,274 hours supporting our Senior and Family Services department.