Lifelong Learning offers you an abundance of opportunities to learn new things, enrich your life, and connect with people who share your interests. We invite you to join in our clubs, classes, presentations, trips, concerts and events. There's something new and interesting happening nearly every weekday at our Northfield location. To view our current classes and activities, click "Browse for Classes" at right.
- Learn more about your world in our many educational programs. Professionals and college instructors present engaging and challenging courses in current events, history, film and much more.
- Enrich your lifestyle as you visit new places on our daytrips. Participate in an adventure opportunity such as a canoe trip or a group bike excursion. Enhance your physical well-being in our user-friendly Fitness Center, health programs and exercise classes.
- Connect with people who share your interests in our many peer-led groups. Enjoy a discussion about American politics or jazz greats, join a game of mahjong or bridge, or attend a poetry sharing circle.
In fiscal year 2015-2016:
- The average number of members was 2,570.
- 18,123 total people enrolled in classes.
- 686 classes were offered throughout the year.
- 96% average effectiveness of LifeLong Learning programs in increasing knowledge/skills and socialization, improving health and outlook on life and maintaining independence.
- Volunteers spent 15,995 hours supporting the LifeLong Learning department.