Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer opportunities are posted on this page for those who seek different ways to assist the older adults who participate in the programs, services, and activities offered by North Shore Senior Center. Our more than 300 volunteers provide countless hours of support to keep the Center vibrant and working efficiently. So, please join us as a volunteer!To learn more, contact the Volunteer Office at 847.242.6257 email@example.com
- Friendly Visitors Program:We are seeking individuals to join our Friendly Visitor Program and help make a difference in the lives of our home bound older adult population. Volunteers will be matched with an older adult and provide friendly companionship and their compassionate presence. This is a flexible volunteer opportunity- all Friendly Visitor visits are scheduled during a convenient time for both the volunteer and client and meetings are done by phone.
- Niles Senior & Family Services, Office Administrative Assistance: Work with North Shore Senior Center Care Coordinators to assist seniors in need in our Niles office. Contact clients by phone for monthly check-ins, enter client survey data into the computer, and other office support.
- Grant Researcher/Writer: Do you have a curious mind? Are you able to access various websites in your search for information, product, location and more? If yes, you might enjoy researching funding sources for the North Shore Senior Center. You can work from the comfort of your own home while doing background work on charities, foundations and corporations to find funds available to support NSSC programs and services. In this role, you can make your own schedule.
- Benefits Assistant: Assist seniors with enrolling in entitlement programs for financial assistance such as Medicaid, Medicare and more. Ability to work with diverse populations, good computer skills and the ability to navigate websites and learn new programs a must.
- Fitness Center Assistant: Volunteer needed to man the front desk, answer phones and assist patrons.
- Social Service Project Volunteer: Volunteer needed to help Senior and Family Services and Volunteer Services departments with research, info compilation, surveys, data input and more.
- North Shore Senior Center is a 501(c)(3) organization. It is our policy to not discriminate against any person served or person employed or seeking employment based on age, race, color, disability, pregnancy, ethnicity, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious tradition or spiritual practice. If you feel that you have been discriminated against, call the Senior Help Line at 800.252.8966 or 888.206.1327 (TTY).